National College of Ireland (NCI) is a third level institution situated at the heart of the financial district in Dublin. The college offers a range of full- and part-time courses from certificate through to postgraduate level in the domains of Business, Computing, Psychology and Education.
The mission of NCI is to change lives through education and the college has a distinct group of values that we hold at the core of our learning community.
NCI strives to create an environment that values diversity and inclusiveness, aspiring to professional excellence in everything that we do and to foster excellence in our learners through their learning experience.
The college was established in 1951 as the The Catholic Worker’s College and later changed its name to The College of Industrial Relations and is now called National College of Ireland (NCI). NCI moved to its current location in the Irish Financial Services Centre in 2003.
The college has 4,700 enrolled students and runs 84 full-time and part-time programmes.
Mission, Vision and Values
National College of Ireland’s mission is to “To change lives through education”. Its vision is to provide an inspiring educational experience that is innovative, responsive and enterprise focused. In carrying out its work the college embraces the following values:
- Inclusive – we strive to break down barriers in third-level education; we value diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do; we provide the support that people need to participate fully in life at NCI
- Community – we are an interdependent learning community that shares a common set of principles where individuality and freedom of thought and expression are valued; each of us is encouraged to fulfil our ambition and realise our potential
- Integrity – in our individual and collective roles, we take responsibility and are accountable for our actions; we demonstrate respect and mutual regard for each other
- Dynamic – we are responsive to the needs of our students, colleagues and partners and an ever-changing society; we act in an innovative and flexible manner
- Learner Centred – we place the learner at the heart of everything we do; our combined energies are focused on their individual and collective, life-long needs
- Excellence – as an institution, we aspire to professional excellence in everything we do; we foster excellence in our learners through their learning experiences.